In a world where we are told that content is king, it appears that we have to produce more content if we are ever going to be found. Another task, another distraction. And then there’s so much different forms of content – blog posts, web copy, social media posts that we need to be across. Email marketing content is just another thing for us to get right. Really?
Email marketing content is highly valuable information produced as articles or posts in both long and short form delivered via email written in a language that keeps the reader coming back for more.
But what does that mean? What do we REALLY have to do to provide good email marketing content? Let’s take a look.
What is Email Marketing Content?
Over time, email marketing is becoming the most popular platform for marketing. Many companies produce effective email marketing content to persuade people on the other side of the screen.
Email marketing content encompasses the written material which is used to convince people through the email. The content is written for various purposes including advertisements, commercial messages, sales of goods or a call for business. Email marketing content helps people in various areas of life.
Purpose of Email Marketing Content
- It is used for sending commercial messages
- Advertisements are done through the email marketing content
- Email marketing content aims at acquiring new customers and enhancing the relationship with the existing ones.
- The content of email marketing is very crucial in developing the relationship of loyalty, trust, and to promote the brand.
How to produce effective email marketing content?
Producing an eye-catching email marketing content is both a science and an art.
6 strategies that’ll make you an email marketing ‘guru’
- Be clear about your goals– be clear about the purpose and goals. When you are clear about your goals, you will be able to produce valuable content.
- Make your content persuading– eye-catching content is essential to persuade or develop the interest of the reader.
- Appropriate use of words- choosing the right words in marketing emails is essential. Make your email marketing content free of any mistakes or abusive words.
- Know your audience– be aware who your audience is and write the content in the way they will understand. Write the content by keeping the intended audience in your mind. Moreover, you can know the interest of your audience and can figure out their interests.
- Keep your content simple- produce easily understandable content.
- Reread the content- before sending the Email, reread the content to make it free from mistakes.
Who should email marketing content target?
The target audience of your email marketing content should depend on the purpose at which your marketing is aimed.
- The target audience should be the one who is most likely to purchase your goods or avail of the services.
- If you are the owner of Furniture Company, your target audience would be house owners or tenants.
- If you are seeking promotions for your toy store, then the target audience would be aunts, parents, grandparents, and uncles or the person who is most likely to buy the toys.
Why is email marketing content still relevant?
At the early age of the internet, everyone loved sending and receiving the Email. But now technology is at new heights of advancement. There is no fascination left in sending and receiving emails as it was in the past. However, email marketing content is still relevant due to various reasons.
It’s relevant – here’s 3 reasons why!
- Emails are a good source of reaching customers frequently- people can easily access the email marketing content while staying within their comfort zone. Moreover, with email marketing content, you don’t need to be in the hassle of short memory space.
- Email marketing content keeps you informed about trending brands – email marketing content keeps the customers up-to-date about the recent trends and brands in the market.
Moreover, it keeps you well aware of the new styles or sales of your favorite clothing brands.
Furthermore, it helps individuals in finding the job relevant to their field while staying under their house premises.
- Email Marketing content is easily accessible and inexpensive– email marketing content is easy to access. The audience does not need to put much effort to access the content. They can easily view the content with a single tap. Furthermore, it is inexpensive, which makes it highly desirable even at the present time.
When to use email marketing content?
Timing is crucial in making your email marketing content work effectively. Therefore, marketers should choose the time wisely to make email marketing function optimally.
- Send email marketing content on weekends– people tend to be occupied with different chores during weekdays. Therefore send the content on the weekends. There is a higher probability of people reading your content on weekends than weekdays.
- Choose daytime to use your content- we all are well aware that at night, people most probably sleep or are on rest mode. People keep themselves out of any reading or psychologically tiring tasks. Therefore, the best time to use your content is during day time. There is a higher probability of people attending your content at day time than night time.
- Avoid Mondays to use your content- as the week starts with Monday and is often disliked by the majority of the people. Moreover, people may already be flooded by their office workload. Furthermore, they may have received many of the emails regarding their job on the weekend. They may delete all the emails as considering them unnecessary. So avoid Mondays correctly to use your content.
What language should be used in email marketing content?
Here are the few language tips you must keep in mind before writing influential email marketing content:
- Use language understandable by your intended audience– Before starting writing email marketing content, you must know who your intended audience is. Make yourself clear that to whom you are writing the content either audience is educated, or uneducated. Moreover, you can check which language is easily understandable by your audience.
- Use simple words– use simple and easily understandable language and choose appropriate words. Do not use abusive language. Do not complicate it for you and the reader as well.
- Avoid abusive language or harsh words– Be wise while choosing your words and language. Clear yourself about your goal of writing content. Your goal must be to persuade the reader instead of degrading them. Therefore, avoid the grammar or words which abide your audience from getting the services you offer.
- People during marketing usually use complicated or high-level language which may not fascinate the audience and which may result in loss of their interest. Instead of producing positive effects, marketer’s efficiency of high-level English may lead him to the negative consequences.
Email marketing content is viable and essential in helping you build long term relationships with your customers.
Produce high quality valuable articles or posts that speak to the reader in a language they resonate with.
Focus on the relationship but be mindful that a sale does need to occur, even if your call to action is just to book an appointment
The reason billions of emails are sent daily is because they work – just make your email marketing content good!